Tuesday, May 28, 2013

So I've Got Some Catching Up To Do

I haven't blogged in forever! I got so busy with the end of school (COLLEGE GRADUATION WOO HOO!) and just life in general that blogging went to the back-burner...not that too many people read my blog anyway...but I wanted to catch back up with anyone and everyone who might stumble to this blog. First things first I guess we can address what I was up to all those weeks leading up to the graduation I just told you all about. Well the final semester was filled with lots of new artwork on my part. I had lots of assignments and projects to finish up and I am pretty darn proud of all of them. Here is a taste of the pendants & rings that I completed for jewelry and metalsmithing:
 I love this one and wear it a lot...and have gotten many compliments on it.
 My "UP" Pendant
 Paintbrush Ring
Dice Pendant Inspired by someone from my Art Therapy Practicum
 I called this piece "Day & Night"
Someone said this pendant looks vaguely like an owl...so cool. haha

 Just a nifty designed ring I did without having any idea or purpose behind it.
This one I like to call "Bubbles".

And since we're on my art rampage I should probably show you pictures of the culminating event of my senior year of college. We FINALLY had our Art Therapy Practicum Show!

 Both of my pieces together.
 My print titled "Love".
My memory box entitled "Hidden Memories". 

These pieces were both very important to me as they reflected our time in practicum spent at an area nursing home. It was a great show and after we got to open the new Cedar Crest College Art Therapy Master's Program studio!





 




In lieu of doing the traditional ribbon cutting ceremony some of us created this piece together to open the studio with! It was a very cool idea to do. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment