Friday, May 31, 2013

My Influenster May VEET® EasyWax™ Electrical Roll-On Kit Product Finally Came....


....but I'm not as thrilled as I originally thought I might be about it.


I got this box complimentary from Influester and Veet for testing purposes and since this is a test I want to give an honest opinion of what I think of this product....not a sugar-coated "just because I got it for free I'm gonna say how awesome it is" review.
Don't get me wrong...at first I was super excited. I opened the box with joy when I found it and inside was nestled an awesome looking Veet Easy Wax Kit which retails for around $29.97 on Walmart's website. 

Naturally you'd think the product would be super awesome if you were going to pay that much for it....well let me be one of the people to tell you: SAVE YOUR MONEY.  I read all the reviews and was skeptical after everyone pretty much said this product was a waste of time.

But then I tried it.
I followed every direction in the little booklet to the letter since I had really never waxed before and I wanted to make sure I did everything right. Well I plugged it in and the booklet says it takes about 30ish minutes to heat up...no big deal...but then mine wasn't fully ready at the 30 minutes so I waited a little longer. It was a waiting game in a way....which is one of the many reasons I'd rather shave than wax I think because with this wax it took quite a while whereas I could shave and be done in no time. Well it finally heated up and I figured I'd do a tester spot first to see if I could deal with the pain that I had hear waxing usually incurs but when I did it nothing really happened. The first go around it didn't take any hairs off and just left a sticky wax stripe mess on my leg. I wasn't fully deterred by this so I gave it a few more tries...I got gradually better at it as time went on, but it still would leave hairs each time...it never really took them all off. That started to annoy me so eventually I just gave up. Oh and the next day I had these random red marks where it looked like it had damaged my skin a little bit....I didn't really like that either.

There are the red marks on my legs where the wax strips must have pulled a layer of skin off in spots.

I think I gave this product an honest try. 
Would I buy it for the price it's at currently with the results I experienced? No most likely not.

 Now I do think the product could be improved in several ways. It's design is awesome and it's a neat idea. Someone I saw mentioned in a review that it had a flimsy base to sit in, but I really had no problems with that. It sat fine for me. I do think however that the electrical cord could be longer though because it's kind of short and if you wanted to leave it plugged in to keep the heat (because it doesn't keep it very well otherwise) it makes it kind of difficult to maneuver around. Since I mentioned about the heat that is also something that could be improved. The heater doesn't heat as fast as they claim it does to work efficiently so something might could be done to improve the heating element inside the product.

Anyway I hope you enjoyed reading my review of this product and hopefully it helps some of you decide whether or not you want to buy this for nearly $30, wait for something better, or just stick to whatever your current routine is.

Thanks for reading! :)


2 comments:

  1. Nice review!!! I also so received this from Influenster. Same thing happened to me I am going to try it one more time but to be honest I am sort of scared.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Yeah I'm gonna save it around until we have the brand challenges since we don't really know what we'll have to do yet, but I'm scared of the stuff now too. haha Those marks still haven't gone away on my leg yet and it's been a few days now. >.<

      Delete